About Me

My photo
“ Basketball is my passion“ Coaching is where I feel at peace with all things. Coaching to me is not about winning and losing but rather about development and seeing the improvement throughout the years. I hope my years of experience will allow me to share some wisdom with other lovers of the game of Basketball. Twitter : @nextgenballer Instagram : @nextgenerationballer

Friday, September 3, 2010

Two or Three Seasons ?

The search begins……


When it comes to basketball there is really three seasons not two as per popular belief. Firstly there is regular season, pre-season and try-out season.

Regular season gets all the glory. Pre-season is where players are made. Try-out season for many is the most stressful of them all.

You see for almost every team there is always anywhere from two to six spots that are up for grabs and who gets those spots on the team is determined during the try-out season. Players put it all out on the line here whether it is rookie ball or WNBA try-outs everyone wants to make “THE” team. There are not a lot of smiles during this time unless it is between old teammates who know that they have secured a spot already. In fact it is quite interesting to see players battle it out during try-outs then end becoming good friends after each has made the team.

Of course the stressful part comes after the try-out when all are wondering if they have done enough or caught the right coach’s eye at the right time. “Did he see that great pass?” “Did he see me miss that shot?” the questions go on and on.

Now the waiting game begins where everyone is checking their emails more regular or having the phone lines open.

Only time will tell ……. “Did I make it?”

No comments:

Post a Comment