About Me

My photo
“ Basketball is my passion“ Coaching is where I feel at peace with all things. Coaching to me is not about winning and losing but rather about development and seeing the improvement throughout the years. I hope my years of experience will allow me to share some wisdom with other lovers of the game of Basketball. Twitter : @nextgenballer Instagram : @nextgenerationballer

Thursday, July 22, 2010

Coaching observations

I just came back from one of my daughters practices and noticed a few things.


1) It seems everyone is a coach, especially parents. We coach in the car, in the parking lot, at home and on the sidelines. The only difference is that some of us do it more upfront and others are just more vocal.

2) One of the most underrated aspects of coaching a team is the concept of knowing your players. You can coach a bunch of players with quite honestly limited skill sets put together only once a week in the same manner as a provincial team of the most highly skilled players. Yet for some reasons some of coaches fail to realize that.

No comments:

Post a Comment