About Me

My photo
“ Basketball is my passion“ Coaching is where I feel at peace with all things. Coaching to me is not about winning and losing but rather about development and seeing the improvement throughout the years. I hope my years of experience will allow me to share some wisdom with other lovers of the game of Basketball. Twitter : @nextgenballer Instagram : @nextgenerationballer

Saturday, June 5, 2010

What does a team player look like ?

Sitting here watching “The Heart of the Game” , the movie about Darnellia Russell and so many things run through my mind from how great the game of basketball is to the impact it can have on people’s lives but one scene always seems to resonate with me.


The team is up by two in the championship game for the state championship and the other team is on the foul line. They miss the first shot and then call a timeout. Everyone in the gym knows that the team plans to miss on purpose then get the rebound. Coach decides to put some height in the game to prevent them from getting the rebound and preserving the lead. At that point a young girl named Maggie says “ put her in for me , I am short “. Now that is what I call teamwork and doing what is best for the team.

No comments:

Post a Comment